Are you one of the many people who hates drinking water?
There are many reasons that people don’t drink water.
They don’t like the taste, it’s boring, or they forget to drink it.
The list goes on and on!
Did you know that water is essential to the human body’s survival?
A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
Water can help to maintain body weight as it increases the metabolism and regulates the appetite.
For more benefits of drinking water, check out more in the video below:
- Dehydration lowers your blood volume so water’s good for your heart too! Remember to rehydrate after exercise or even crying!
- Water is excellent for lubricating joints and helps muscle fatigue.
- Your kidneys need water to filter out toxins.
- Water is good for your brain. It keeps your memory sharp, your mood stable and motivation intact. It’s also good for your mouth as it keeps your throat and lips from feeling dry.
- According to All About Water.com, drinking water can decrease the risk for colon, bladder and breast cancers. It also says that water can prevent headaches and is good for the digestion process.
If you don’t like plain water, you can always add lemon to it. Lemon water is good for you and drinking it warm helps extract vitamin C and Polyphenols from both the lemon and it’s peel.
You can also make up a pitcher of water and include cucumbers and mint, or you could add some fresh berries. Spice it up a little bit, water doesn’t NEED to be BORING!
What about road trips?
Do you like to take long car rides? If so, how often do you stop? Do you move around a lot or just sit there for hours on end?
It’s well known that sitting for hours on end can cause blood clots and back issues.
If you drink water and stop to visit rest stops every hour, it may take a while longer to get to your final destination, but you’ll feel great when you arrive!!
Water should always be included in your wellness plan!
How much water do you drink daily?
Please leave a comment!
Check out this beautiful glass water pitcher for hot or cold drinks.