I started using an Instant Pot about a month after I bought it and was scared to death of the pressure cooker.
My friend Kathy came over to make sure I didn’t injure myself and this was the first thing I made!
The Instant Pot is great for cooking beans in a short amount of time and they never need to be soaked!!!
Here’s how to make a delicious, plant-based split pea soup.
- 1/8 cup of water
- 7 cups water
- 2 cups, dried split peas
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 TBS Salt-Free Seasoning
- 1 strip Kombu
- ½ tsp ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Add an 1/8 cup of water to Instant Pot and set Instant Pot to Sauté mode
- After heated, place onion in Instant Pot and sauté until translucent
- Add carrots and sauté for a couple more minutes.
- Add water, Kombu, split peas, salt free seasoning, pepper and paprika.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, close the steam vent and set to HIGH pressure using the manual setting. Set the time to 20 minutes.
- It’ll take a few minutes for the Instant Pot to reach pressure, once it does, the timer will begin!
- When done, natural release for 15 minutes, then do a quick release.
- As soon as the release is finished and ball drops down, open the lid and add last five spices, stir and serve!
You can download the Instant Pot Split Pea Recipe and print it as well.
Here’s a silly little poem that my silly friend Kathy wrote.
Kim got an Instant pot
Which made things really hot
But never did she ever dream
It would put out so much steam
She used it in so many ways
That it took her many days
but she is both brave and clever
so she makes the best soup ever
What’s your favorite meal to create in the Instant Pot? Please leave a comment!
TOPIC: Instant Pot Split Pea Soup Recipe!
Here’s where you can get your very own instant pot.