Because of the Coronavirus, many of us are social distancing and staying home.
Yes indeed, this is a very scary situation, and what makes it even worse is worrying about it day and night.
Does worrying about something that we can’t control, serve us?
We can be smart and take precautions by staying away from others, washing our hands, not touching faces or shaking hands, and sanitizing our homes.
People keep testing positive and more deaths are being reported, how can we not be scared?
The coronavirus news is in our face daily on social media, and on every channel.
We can’t help but focus on it 24/7, unless we choose to bury our heads in the sand, which for some might be a smart idea.
Can we focus on other things?
Yes, we can!
Working at home is productive and an excellent distraction.
But what else can we do, if we’re at home and not working?
We can’t control the virus, but we can make ourselves feel better by choosing to use our brain to focus on things we can control.
Why not think about ways we can practice being creative?
Here are some examples of 13 Ways To Refocus Your Brain While Social Distancing:
- Declutter your home. If you are stuck inside, why not once and for all, get rid of items you don’t need. Less clutter, less germs! Clutter actually fosters an environment for germs and pests.
- Organize the pantry. How many expired spices and old food do you really need?
- Keep a daily gratitude journal because there are so many things to be grateful for.
- Keep in touch with family and friends via text, phone, FaceTime or Skype and talk about concerns, fears and happy things too!
- Write a list of all the people you love and why you love them.
- Do a thought download / brain dump every single day and get those thoughts onto paper.
- Be creative by crafting, writing a book or trying that new recipe you’ve been meaning to try.
- Take an online class.
- Read a motivational book or get lost in a romance novel.
- Play a board game or maybe a game of words with friends.
- Do your taxes, or gather information for your accountant.
- Watch a funny movie!
You could even create a 30 day goal to track your progress!
Help your mind refocus on something productive!
After engaging in all of these activities, remember to wash your hands!
In what ways are you productive at home?
Please leave a comment!
Here’s a helpful video about truth and fiction re: COVID 19:
TOPIC: 13 Ways To Refocus Your Brain While Social Distancing!