I read the book, “The Magnesium Miracle” and discovered how important it is to have enough Magnesium in your body.
Have you read it?
“Most people have a magnesium deficiency and there are many reasons why a magnesium deficiency occurs”, according to the Author of the Magnesium Miracle, Carol Dean, MD, ND.
She says that despite magnesium’s numerous benefits, many Americans remain dangerously deficient.
Knowing what causes yours will help motivate you to improve your magnesium status.
She also states that Magnesium is a crucially important mineral for optimal health, performing a wide array of biological functions, including but not limited to:
- Activating muscles and nerves
- Creating energy in your body by activating adenosine triphosphate (ATP)
- Helping digest proteins, carbohydrates, and fats
- Serving as a building block for RNA and DNA synthesis
- It’s also a precursor for neurotransmitters like serotonin
Many symptoms can be caused by magnesium deficiency.
Did you know that magnesium can have a therapeutic value and can be used for a number of symptoms?
Here are just a few of the symptoms where magnesium is known to be helpful.
Check out the video below:
According to the book, Even drugs such as painkillers, diuretics, antibiotics, and cortisone can further deplete magnesium, allowing symptoms to get completely out of control.
There are many more symptoms that magnesium is useful for, but you’ll have to read the book because there are way too many to list.
If you are a smoker or drinker, watch out!
Smoking, and drinking coffee and alcohol, can contribute to magnesium deficiency.
They block magnesium absorption.
If you think you might be deficient in Magnesium, there are tests you can take.
Check with your doctor or Naturopath to see what they recommend.
Magnesium can be found in many foods including:
In addition, you could also take a Magnesium supplement.
Again, check with your doctor first to see what quantity you should take.
The Magnesium Miracle has so much information about deficiency. In the book you will discover:
- Why without magnesium, calcium will not absorb properly
- Why You should always COOK spinach
- Why Sufficient vitamin D is necessary to utilize Magnesium
- How Magnesium is responsible for balancing blood sugar
- How using artificial sweeteners can contribute to Magnesium Deficiency
- Why sugar overload can cause magnesium deficiency
Do YOU eat foods high in magnesium? Leave a comment!
Here’s where you can get your copy of the Magnesium Miracle!