Do you use your Instant Pot frequently?
I remember the first thing I ever made was my “Instant Pot Split Pea Soup Recipe“.
My hubby loves this soup, which is good cause he’s a picky guy!
The Instant Pot Lentil Sweet Potato soup is the best yet!
The sweet potatoes and spices plus the squeezed lemon at the end, make it irresistible.
Not only can lentils lower inflammation in the body, but sweet potatoes contain powerful antioxidants that help to heal inflammation in the body as well.
So, not only is the soup good if you have inflammation, but it’s tasty too!!
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/2 yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Organic Celery Stalks, chopped
- 4 Organic Carrots, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 stick Kombu
- 2 cups Organic Green Dry Lentils
- 2 medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled & cut into slices
- 4 cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 4 cups Water
- 1 (14 oz.) can Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp. Turmeric
- 1 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 4 cups Organic Spinach Leaves
- 1 Lemon
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté setting and add the 1/8 cup water.
- Once hot, add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery, sauté and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except spices, spinach, and lemon) and stir till combined.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot, lock, close the steam vent and set to HIGH pressure using the manual setting.
- Decrease the time to 13 minutes.
- It’ll take a few minutes for the Instant Pot to reach pressure, once it does, the timer will begin!
- When done, natural release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release.
- After all steam is out, and ball has dropped, stir in the spices.
- Add spinach until wilted.
- Squeeze juice from lemon, stir well, and serve!
You can download and print the PDF here Lentil Sweet Potato Soup Recipe.
If you don’t yet have an Instant Pot, here’s where you can get yours!
What’s your favorite Instant Pot Recipe? Please share your favorites!