You’ve probably heard of Chia Pets or Chia Heads that come out during the holidays, but did you know that Chia seeds are a real thing and that they are good for you?
“Chia seeds impart many health benefits, which include skin care, weight loss, lowering cholesterol levels, protecting heart health, controlling diabetes, and improving the digestive system. Also, they help in controlling hypertension, preventing osteoporosis and arthritis, treating cancer, and aiding in pregnancy. Chia seeds give a great energy boost to athletes around the world” according to Organic Facts.
Here’s a quick video to show you how to make chia pudding using the Vitamix.
I used to make Chia pudding using a very long process that too way too long!
Thank goodness for the Vitamix!
Making the Chia Pudding in the Vitamix only takes a couple of minutes!
This is a great recipe if you are looking for a snack that’s nutritious and tasty too!
Schatzie likes to be in most videos.
She’s waits for food to drop so she can eat it!
This is one of the easy recipes I include in my healthy diet!
- 1 Cup Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 Carton Non-dairy milk (I prefer almond or hemp) or 1 cup of soaked whole almonds + 3 1/2 cups water
- 5 Packets of Organic Stevia
- 4 Tbsp Unsweetened Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- Pour all ingredients into the Vitamix except for the 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- Blend ingredients on low and gradually move up to highest speed for about 90 seconds
- Pour mixture into glass bowls with lids
- Top each mixture with 1/8 cup slivered almonds
- Refrigerate overnight!
This unsweetened organic cocoa is great for chia pudding and green drinks.
Here’s where you can order some!
Do you like to eat chia pudding and have you made it? Please leave a comment!