Do you have a healthy social life, or are you alone most of the time?
Some folks are alone quite frequently, but not by choice, which can cause anxiety.
Someone once told me that anxiety is all about connections, or lack of. It’s nice to have something to look forward to, even if it’s just a walk or a cup of coffee.
Many times, we have local friends, but we or they move away.
What do you do then?
If you aren’t sure how to connect, here are some ways of creating new friendships:
- Join Meetup.com. There are so many groups close to your neighborhood that you can be a part of. Just get online and create a profile, select some groups that you like, and go to the planned events. Remember there are other people that are in the same boat and would like to make friends too!
- Join GirlfriendCircles.com. This is for women to meet other women with similar interests.
- Join a church and go frequently. Someone is bound to talk to you. 🙂
- Get active in your community.
- If a friend invites you to a party, go! You might meet “new” friends with similar interests.
- Register for 5/10K walks/runs and find someone to walk/run with.
- Take A Class.
- Meet people at work and go for coffee or out to lunch.
- Join a local book club. Warning: This will require reading. LOL
- Become a regular at a coffee shop, and strike up some conversations.
You might even want to create and hand out a “business type” card with your name, email, and picture on it.
“The positive effect of regular social contact to a persons’ health is about as strong as the effect of blood pressure, smoking, alcohol habits, obesity, and eating a healthy diet“.
“Having friendships may increase longevity. A network of good friends is more likely than close family relationships to increase longevity in older people” according to The Huffington Post.
What’s your social life like? Please leave a comment!
TOPIC: Here Are 11 Easy Ways To Create New Friendships!