Are You Sensitive To Toxins?

Do you suffer from allergies and asthma? Unfortunately, I do! The allergy testing I’ve had was for grass, mold, dust, and animals, not toxins.

I am highly sensitive to toxins because when I’m exposed to them, my reaction is in the form of migraines, sneezing, wheezing, and itchy eyes, and it sucks!

My healthy living plan not only includes eating healthy and exercising, but also avoiding or limiting exposure to toxins and allergens!  Sometimes they are hard to get away from.

Many items can cause irritation such as:

  • Chlorine
  • Ammonia
  • Bleach
  • Perfume
  • Hairspray
  • Cleaners with chlorine or bleach
  • Smoke from cigarettes, wood-burning fireplaces, etc.
  • Nail Polish
  • Perm Solution

Due to my over sensitive sense of smell, it’s quite difficult to be close to people who wear perfume, hairspray or anything with a scent. Because I hate making people uncomfortable, I never mention it, I just suffer through.

I love going to a nail salon for a manicure and pedicure, but many times it’s not pleasant due to the toxic smells.

Hair salons are just as bad sometimes because of the smell of hair color and perm solution. My hair stylist keeps her place well ventilated and actually uses a no ammonia color for my hair. Bless her!

As I mentioned in “Create An Allergy Action Plan” that we use non-toxic products which are amazing. Here’s the Basic H from Shaklee!  It works really well on counter-tops and has no scent!

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *