Many people do and it’s this way of thinking that causes you to return from your vacation WANTING a brand new vacation because you feel bloated, depressed, angry, and tired and somehow discover that you’ve mysteriously gained anywhere from 3 to 10 pounds.Sound familiar? It’s back to square one and will take MONTHS to lose the weight you gained from just one vacation.What a nightmare!
Don’t plan your next vacation based on how much food you can consume. Plan to eat healthy and engage in other “non-eating” activities. After a vacation, when you return to the “normal” routine, you should feel healthy, refreshed and energetic! Occasionally, others find me quite annoying because I stick to my healthy guns and don’t jump on the All you can eat BUFFET band wagon AND I STILL HAVE A TREMENDOUS TIME!
1. Exercise EVERY day. Bike ride, play tennis, or walk!! You may enjoy yourself and as a bonus, get healthy on vacation and burn calories at the same time!
2. Bring YOUR Equipment with you. I always carry Exertubes and a Yoga Strap in my Suitcase. It’s so convenient and you can always sneak in a quick workout! Watch the video below to see how easy it is!
3. Assemble most of your meals ahead of time and make them portable. I always make sure to have oatmeal, yogurt pudding, a PBJ Wrap, and other healthy meals on hand every day.If I’m out for the day, my tasty treats travel with me in an ice chest. In hotels, I ALWAYS request a microwave and frig to transfer my tasty treats.
4. Be creative in Restaurants. I try to stay away from meals that contain unhealthy fat. If you can, find out what the menu is in advance. Be creative! For breakfast, one time, I ordered poached eggs and a Belgium waffle. I know it sounds boring, but it was quite DELICIOUS AND healthy too!
5. Eat BEFORE you go out. Sometimes I eat dinner beforehand so I’m not tempted. PLUS it’s less expensive.
6. Don’t drink alcohol. I usually order Pellegrino and it usually lasts for hours because it’s bubbly. If you have never tried NOT drinking, I HIGHLY recommend it. Your liver will thank you and NO HANGOVER.
7. Drink LOTS of Water. On a typical day, I drink 64 - 96 oz of water. Water is MAGIC.
8. Plan other activities. Go to a movie, visit a museum, take a site seeing tour, take a vacation cruise, visit a waterfall. You get the idea!
Like I always sayKeep Your Eye on the Prize. THE PRIZE is feeling healthy, happy and energetic. NOTHING tastes as good as being healthy feels!
If you have some vacation fitness tips, please send a comment.
Topic: Tools For A Healthy Lifestyle, Even On Vacation