Raise YOUR hand if you drink soda!! I hate to burst your soda bubble, but check out THESE shocking facts!
Soda contributes to overweight and obesity. A single 12-ounce can of soda has as much as 13 teaspoons of sugar in the form of high-fructose corn syrup. WOW!
What about diet soda? Well, if you think DIET soda is better, think again.
A new study reveals that people who drink diet soda daily are almost three times more likely to develop stroke or dementia. That’s pretty alarming.
The poison in diet soda is the artificial sweetener aspartame. It’s used because it’s about 200 times sweeter than table sugar. When consuming aspartame, it breaks down into components which further convert to formaldehyde and formic acid, which are known carcinogens.
Check out more soda facts in the video below:
- Soda damages your liver.
- Soda dissolves tooth enamel.
- Colas are well known for their high phosphoric acid content.
- Heavy consumption of soda is a strong predictor of heartburn.
- Sodas act as dehydrating diuretics..
- Soft drinks containing phosphoric acid are linked to osteoporosis.
- Overconsumption of soda leads to an increase in blood pressure.
- Heavy soda drinkers are more likely to develop risk factors for heart disease.
Are YOU still drinking soda? This might be a good time to slow down or STOP altogether. Think about it. There are healthier alternatives such as water or herb tea or even a Nutrient Rich: Green Drink Recipe!. Your body will THANK YOU!
Leave a comment and tell me if you are still drinking soda or if you’ve slowed down or stopped.
TOPIC: Why Is Soda Bad For You?