Do you know where to stay when you are traveling with your pets? Here are some helpful hints!
AAA has a fairly inexpensive book that you can purchase called “Traveling with Your Pet”. It contains more than 15,000 pet-friendly AAA Approved hotels and campgrounds all around the country. It also has a listing of dog parks, emergency animal clinics, border crossing procedures, and specific lodging information like pet policies and deposits and makes a GREAT gift for a pet lover in your family!
You can also visit the “PetFriendlyHotel.net” website. Type in the city and state, and you will find listings of Pet Friendly Hotels.
– How much do you charge per pet?
– Is the pet waste area within walking distance and are there waste bags and trash cans?
– Does the hotel supply anything pet related?
– Are there specific rooms just for pet owners?
– Is there a dog friendly walking trail nearby?
– Can pets be left alone in the room?
– Is there a Veterinarian nearby?
We’ve found that many of the hotels on the Oregon coast are pet friendly, that’s where we visit the most! You can also check out “Tips For Traveling With Your Dog“.
Have you stayed at a Pet Friendly location? We are ALWAYS looking for new places to stay with the dogs, and would appreciate your reviews and tips. Why don’t ya send a comment and share your experiences? Happy Travels!
TOPIC: How To Find Pet Friendly Hotels!