Have you read the book “Time Tactics of Very Successful People“? It’s absolutely one of my favorites.
I actually discovered this book when I was on my Honeymoon in Hawaii. Who ever reads the decorative books in rental condos? I did! I saw the title and thought to myself “hmmm…what’s this and Wow, who doesn’t love time-management”? It looks interesting. When I got home, I bought it!
I’m Not Talking Stocks!
The book inspired me because I already followed many of the principles in the book, but it gave me even MORE ideas! I also discovered the term “Contrarian” and thought to myself…”HEY THAT’S ME”! I’m a Contrarian, and I’m not talking STOCKS!
What’s a Contrarian?
opposing or rejecting popular opinion; going against current practice.
In reading the book, I learned some helpful ideas and wanted to share them with you. Here are 9 ways you can be more organized with your time:
- Do Automatic checkout instead of standing in long lines to check out at hotels
- Create Checklists
- Don’t buy Christmas presents during the holidays, buy them way before
- Dine out before the crowds arrive
- Drive to work during non-peak hours
- Create Routines, check out “Organize Your Life At Night“!
- Avoid Procrastination
- Develop Survival Skills if you are absent minded
- During a long commute, listen to educational and motivational books
Here’s a great tip! One other thing we like to do is to go grocery shopping about 10 or 15 minutes before the store closes. It’s usually a lot less crowded!
Here’s a great quote regarding being a Contrarian!
Read every day something no one else is reading.
Think every day something no one else is thinking.
It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.
In what ways do YOU save time? Please leave a comment!