Looking for a heart smart breakfast that’s full of fiber and fills you up? Check out the below video for an easy delicious, oatmeal recipe!
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? It’s important to eat something that is healthy, tastes good, and provides energy!
Are you an oatmeal fanatic like I am? Every morning I just can’t wait to eat those great tasting oats. I assemble enough for four days, which gives me back hours to do something else like play with the dogs! LOL
I honestly look forward to it because it’s honestly so satisfyingly delicious! In my book, it’s the best meal of the day and provides me with lots of energy!
I add almonds, walnuts, raisins, idolized sea salt and cinnamon to mine, but you can add other things as well.
Here’s the recipe:
Delicious Nutritious Oatmeal Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Slow Cooking Oats
- 1/8 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/8 Cup Raisins (quantities to your liking)
- 3 or 4 Walnut Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- Pinch of Iodized Sea Salt
- A Couple Shakes of Cinnamon
- A Couple of Spoonful’s of Blueberries
- Assemble the first 5 ingredients into 4 equal sized small bowls
- Place 3 bowls in the refrigerator for use the following mornings
- Take one bowl, add water to about 3/4 of the bowl, and soak overnight (do this before you go to bed each night)
- After soaking, place in the refrigerator with other 3 bowls
- In the morning, put soaked mixture into toaster oven on 400 for 20 minutes or into microwave for 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn’t bubble over.
- Add a dash of iodized sea salt, a couple shakes of cinnamon , and a couple spoonful’s of blueberries
You can download and print the PDF here Oatmeal Recipe.
As I mentioned, I eat oatmeal DAILY! Even when I’m on vacation, I make enough for the trip and these bowls are so handy to take along. I order mine here: