Do You Suffer From MCS?

Do You Suffer From MCS?

What is MCS or Multiple Chemical Sensitivity? describes MCS in broad terms as an unusually severe sensitivity or allergy-like reaction to many different kinds of pollutants including solvents, VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds), perfumes, petrol, diesel, smoke, “chemicals” in general and often encompasses problems with regard to pollen, house dust mites, and pet fur & dander.

As you can see in my blog post “Are You Sensitive To Toxins”  I am extremely sensitive to perfumes, hair sprays and and most scented things. Allergies, Asthma and Migraines are not pleasant!

It seems these days, I run into toxic scents literally everywhere wherever I go such as malls, grocery stores, movie theaters, restaurants, and doctors offices. The whole world is wearing heavy scents and it’s killing me. I can’t escape it. says that fragranced products are making us sick. At times, I just wish there was something like a fragrance shield, which you could wear around your body to not let any scents in. Wishful thinking…I know.

Aside from avoiding going out altogether, there are a few things we can do.

  • If you have a repair person or worker coming to the house, let them know “in advance” that you are sensitive to perfumes and colognes and ask them to not wear them.
  • Advise your real estate agents or friends aware of your sensitivities and hope they will honor your request to refrain from wearing scents in your presence.
  • Make your home as scent and toxin free as possible. Our house is pretty scent free and our safe haven. Check out this video on Why You Should Allergy Proof Your Home.

Check out the video below on how to allergy proof your home!

If you suffer from MCS, I’d love to hear what YOU do to cope with scents! Leave a comment please.

TOPIC: Do You Suffer From MCS?

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *