In “Find A Way To Exercise Anywhere“, I mentioned that busy people need to make time for exercise.
I know…you probably have a super busy daily schedule and sometimes it’s just too hard to get to the gym and squeeze that ever needed workout in, right? Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to enjoy that workout and SPEND LESS TIME in the gym?
There IS a way for you to achieve a full workout without spending hours at the gym. Have you heard of Compound Exercises?
What Are Compound Exercises?
Compound exercises involve more than one muscle group. BodyBuilding.com says that “For the most time-efficient workouts, compound exercises are recommended because 8-10 exercises can stimulate all the major muscles in the body and create the greatest change in body composition in the shortest time. As an added bonus, compound exercises help develop the body proportionately.”
According to the American Council on exercise there are five benefits of compound exercises.
- Burn More Calories.
- Improve Inter-Muscular Coordination.
- Elevates The Heart Rate And Provide A Cardiovascular Training Benefit.
- Are A Form Of Dynamic Flexibility.
- Improve Movement Efficiency
The compound exercises in the video below work the biceps, triceps, shoulders and core.
Terrific video huh? As a recap, here’s a summary of the exercises performed.
- Lunge position – bicep curls – 5 pounds per hand – 30 seconds
Lung position switch legs – bicep curls – 5 pounds per hand – 30 seconds
- Lunge position – Triceps over head – 30 seconds
Lunge position switch legs Triceps over head – 30 seconds
- Squat position, legs apart – slam ball clap – 1 minute
- Skull crusher with straight bar – 1 minute
- Tricep press mid chest – same bar – 1 minute
- Squat with bicep curls using bands – 1 minute
- Sumo squat arm rotation with smash ball – 30 seconds
Same as above but change directions – 30 seconds
Once you’ve completed the workout, do it all over again!
What’s your favorite workout routine? Please leave a comment!