Have you read the book “Food As Medicine“? In the post “The Importance Of Eating Vegetables!” I mentioned the chapter “Vegetables As Medicine”. It turns out that there are quite a few benefits of eating fruit too!
The entire book is packed FULL of interesting information and the video below shows some of the benefits of fruit!
Check it out:
- Berries contain effective phytonutrients for the health of the eyes, brain, heart, and immune system.
- Blueberries contain the highest antioxidant capability.
- Bilberries increase blood circulation to the retina.
- Cranberries contain the phytonutrient ellagic acid, a potent antioxidant and cancer fighter.
- Apples contain a multitude of phytonutrients, including quercetin, which is found inside the apple and in its skin.
- Bananas are also useful to treat ulcers.
- Pineapple contains Bromelain, an anti-inflammatory enzyme.
What kind of fruit to you eat? Please leave a comment!