Many of us have back pain and it’s hard to figure out how to fix it.
After suffering through a couple of years with back injuries, I went to a wonderful PT who showed me many core strength exercises which were instrumental in healing.
We also did something else! We back proofed our home and it made a huge difference!
Back health is so important especially at home, cause ya need to get around! One thing we did was purchase a double oven, which really helps because we are not bending over so much. Check out the video below!
Here are more ways to back proof your home!
- Higher Countertops
- Higher toilets
- Wear comfortable and supportive shoes on hardwoods
- Double oven
- Store Appliances at waist level
- Washer dryer pedestals
- Invest in a comfortable bed read in zero gravity position
- Drive an SUV
Back proofing the home is great, but learning how to strengthen your core is just as important to protect your back. Here are some ways to do that:
- Activate Core When Making A Bank deposit
- Practice Core Exercises As Part of Your Health and Fitness Routine
- Activate Core When Getting Up From A Chair
- Brace Yourself When Sneezing
- Keep A Microwave Heat Pack On Hand
- When doing household chores, Bend your knees and activate your core.
Of course, all of this takes time, but every little thing helps!