Are YOU a blogger? I’ve been blogging for years now and still enjoy it!
If you haven’t tried it, and like to write, I highly recommend it.
In “How To Relieve Stress: Find Your Secret Passion” I mentioned losing all sense of time, especially when blogging! When we are in the zone and living in the moment, it’s the greatest feeling in the world.
What have I learned about myself during this blogging process?
Here’s what I’ve learned:
- It’s hard work and hard work can be enjoyable! I don’t just write blog posts and poof…5 minutes later they are posted for world to see. There’s lots of work involved and I love it!
- Writing is fun! I wasn’t a blogger in the past, but discovered it was my passion. I’m always thinking about the next blog post.
- It’s therapeutic. It’s kind of like putting thoughts into a journal, which is a known stress reliever.
- It keeps my brain engaged! Keeping your brain engaged makes for a healthier brain. See “Fun Ways To Engage Your Brain“.
- Healthy living is a popular topic of conversation. I find the more I write, the more I have to talk about. See “Increase Longevity Before Retirement“.
- Perfection is not important! When I started writing posts, it took me forever to post it because I kept tweaking it to make it perfect. I figured that I don’t have to be perfect, I just have to get the message out!
- It’s mindful. When I am writing a post, I’m “in the zone”. I’m living in the moment, and not worried about anything else going on around me.
- It boosts creativity! Once I get on a writing roll, I can get very creative, especially when I include videos.
- It gives me purpose! Every day I wake up and think about what I can write about. Again, I feel it’s important to get the message out! It’s just one of the fun things that gets me up in the morning, besides exercise!
- I can share photos and videos! Most of my life is spent creating videos or taking pictures. It’s a great way to display my own work!
- I can help others! This is the best part about it. Many times I write from my own experiences. If I can help people through my own experiences, that’s pretty cool. It’s especially gratifying when people leave nice comments!
Do you blog or have something that puts YOU in the zone? Please share what you’ve learned about YOURSELF, by leaving a comment!